Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Emirates Open Day (OD) Day 1

Greetings everybody,

I was driving from Kuala Lumpur to Johor after done with my interview with this one company for Production Engineer position at Port Klang, and i said to my mum, if i didn't get any positive answer from that company, i will change my career and be a steward.

And there was my mum, sat beside me, scrolling through Jobstreet page and said, "there will be an Emirates Open Day this Sunday"

So, with only 2 days gap between my last interview to the open day, i searched for info about the open day and prepared my resume and full photo with white background.

The open day was located at Thistle Hotel, Johor Bahru.

When i arrived at the hotel, i saw a lot of sharp-dressed good looking people everywhere. I mean, wow. I met a guy, one from Johor Bahru, studied Nutrition in US and another one works for AirAsia in maintenance department for almost 5 years i guess.

At 8 o'clock, we were called and went into the hall, and the recruiters showed us few videos about cabin crew, living in Dubai, accommodations, training and Emirates. I was so excited to be a part of the Emirates family.

After that, we were called one by one and submitted our resume with the photos.

I really have no idea what were they looking at, qualifications? face? co-curriculum activities? i don't know. And we were asked to fill in a form and put our candidates' number. I asked my the recruiter can i leave it blank for that time because i haven't registered in the website yet. She asked me to do it within a day, and when i told my friend about it, he said, "I guess she really wants you in the team, that's why she asks you to do it"

And then we submitted the resume, after that we had to wait outside the hall. and after around 20 minutes, they let us in and the selected candidates had their name highlighted on the name list on the board.

Alhamdulillah i made it to the next round.

The successful candidates were asked to stay in the hall, and had a briefing about Day 2. We were asked to be there at 8.30 the next morning, with suits, and for girls, they have to wear knee-length skirt, bun hair, makeup and everything.

And yes, thats all for Day 1. We went home at 10.30am.

See you in the next post :)

#engineertocabincrew

No comments:

Post a Comment